- Healthy, nutritious, and delicious substitute of pizza.
- Meatless protein and small servings make this a great dinner!
- Easily eat more vegetables that your body needs with family and friends in this share and enjoy meal.
How to eat it:
Realistically eat this whenever you want but this is an amazingly simple meal for dinner that you’ll love.
What you need:
- 1 pound Naan bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms, such as shiitake, oyster and cremini, sliced
- 1 1/2 chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Unbleached, Natural, All-purpose flour, as needed for rolling out crust
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 4 ounces Taleggio cheese (or fontina or soft goat cheese), cut into small pieces
How to make it:
- Cover dough with a floured dish towel or plastic wrap and allow to rest two to three hours at room temperature.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and cook until softened and golden (4 to 5 minutes)
- Add sliced mushrooms and a pinch of salt.
- Cook until mushrooms are soft and have begun to brown, stirring occasionally (about 10 minutes)
- Stir in thyme leaves and remove from heat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured work surface.
- Form a flat round, as thin as desired.
- Sprinkle dough with seeds and press them into dough.
- Transfer dough to pizza stone or lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Arrange shallots and mushrooms evenly on top of dough.
- Scatter with cheese and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until crust is crisp and golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
Substitutes to try:
- It’s pizza so you can really try anything you want! As long as you keep it organic and healthy I’ll be happy with it! If you have any ideas for this please tell me on my Facebook page, I’d be very interested!
Tip: Just based on how big you make the slices this could either be an appetizer or a meal. Use this to your advantage to wow guests!
Nutritional Info: Estimates per serving
530 mg sodium
13 g protein
Serving size: ¼ Pizza
Sharing helps others: